As of January 2012, here’s how I spend my time.
- Chief Economic Strategist at the Progressive Policy Institute, a centrist Washington think tank. One of my latest papers, Scale and Innovation in Today’s Economy, was written up in the Economist.
- Senior fellow at Wharton’s Mack Center for Technological Innovation
- President of South Mountain Economics LLC, a consulting firm focused on new metrics for the impact of innovation and trade on state, local, and national economies.
- Founder of Visible Economy LLC. We produce videos that combine news and education.
- The second edition of my introductory economics textbook, Economics:The Basics, has recently been released by McGraw-Hill.
- My main twitter feed is @MichaelMandel, and My textbook twitter feed is @MandeltheBasics.
I split my time between DC and the New York area. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org !